- Shelter Instruction Resources
- Strategy Websites
- The Teacher Toolkit - Various techniques and strategies demonstrated with short video clips (less than 5 minutes). Also included are instructions and templates for most strategies.
- The Teaching Channel - "Teaching Channel is a thriving online community where teachers can watch, share, and learn diverse techniques to help every student grow."
- ReadWriteThink: Strategy Guides - "Strategy guides define and provide examples of effective literacy teaching and learning strategies and offer a wealth of related resources to help sharpen your instruction."
- Articles, Blog Posts, Podcasts
- Recommended Reading
- 99 ideas and activities for teaching English learners with the SIOP modelVogt, M., & Echevarría, J. (2011). Boston: Pearson Allyn and Bacon.
- 99 more ideas and activities for teaching English learners with the SIOP® model.Vogt, M., Echevarría, J., & Washam, M. A. (2015). Boston: Pearson.
- Academic language! Academic literacy!: a guide for K-12 educators. Johnson, E. R. (2009). Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- EL Excellence Every Day: the Flip-to Guide for Differentiating Academic Literacy. Singer, Tonya Ward. Corwin, 2018.
- Making content comprehensible for English learners: the SIOP model. Echevarria, J., Vogt, M., & Short, D. J. (2017). Boston: Pearson.