Most Popular Resources
- View options for completing your ESL Endorsement
- New and Exciting: View information regarding On-Demand Professional Development Modules
Consultations with an EL Teacher Specialist
View information and resources on consulting with your EL teacher specialist.
Some links require you to be logged in to your Jordan School District account.
- View this Google Doc: Identify Your English Learners and How to Obtain WIDA Score Information
- View this interactive website: WIDA ACCESS Test Scores and Score Report
- Quick Sheet for Working with Immigrant, Refugee and Migrant Students
- Academic Language
- WIDA Resources
- Recommended Reading
- Johnson, E. R. (2009). Academic language! Academic literacy!: a guide for K-12 educators. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- The Art and Science of Teaching / Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction by Robert J. Marzano (An ASCD publication.)
- Zwiers, J., OHara, S., & Pritchard, R. H. (2014). Common core standards in diverse classrooms: essential practices for developing academic language and disciplinary literacy . Portland, Maine: Stenhouse .
- Shelter Instruction Resources
- SIOP Activities by Feature - Compiled by Allyson Newton - NC DPI ELL Support Team January 2013
- SIOP Activities (Instructions) by Feature - by SIOP feature - Compiled by Allyson Newton – January 2013
- Recommended Reading
- Echevarria, J., Vogt, M., & Short, D. J. (2017). Making content comprehensible for English learners: the SIOP model. Boston: Pearson.
- Vogt, M., & Echevarría, J. (2011). 99 ideas and activities for teaching English learners with the SIOP model. Boston: Pearson Allyn and Bacon.
- Vogt, M., Echevarría, J., & Washam, M. A. (2015). 99 more ideas and activities for teaching English learners with the SIOP® model. Boston: Pearson.
- Strategy Websites
- The Teacher Toolkit - Various techniques and strategies demonstrated with short video clips (less than 5 minutes). Also included are instructions and templates for most strategies.
- The Teaching Channel - "Teaching Channel is a thriving online community where teachers can watch, share, and learn diverse techniques to help every student grow."
- ReadWriteThink: Strategy Guides - "Strategy guides define and provide examples of effective literacy teaching and learning strategies and offer a wealth of related resources to help sharpen your instruction."
Federal Programs and Services
- Title III: English Learners
- Title 1, Part C: Migrant Education
- Title III Immigrant Children and Youth
- Title III Refugee Education
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
- Title VI American Indian Education