Recipe for writing a "Performance Indicator" or "Learning Outcome."
Recipe for Differentiating a "Performance Indicator" or "Learning Outcome."
- Secondary Example: How to Use WIDA tools to Differentiate for Language Proficiency
- Elementary Example: How to Use WIDA tools to Differentiate for Language Proficiency
Resources for Writing Performance Indicators or Learning Outcomes
- Bloom's Taxonomy Verbs (i.e. Fractus' Bloom's Taxonomy Verb Chart)
Supports or Scaffolds:
- WIDA ELD Standards, page 11
- Understanding the WIDA ELP Standards: A Resource Guide, page RG 20-24
Download a checklist/worksheet for infusing the features of SIOP and the tools from WIDA into your lesson plans.
2012 amplification of the English language development standards: Kindergarten - grade 12. (2012). Madison, Wisconsin: Board of Regents of the U of Wisconsin System.
Fairbairn and Jones-Vo. Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for English Language Learners: A Guide for K-12 Teachers (2010), p. 83.
Focus on Differentiation Part 1. Wisconsin Center for Education Research . University of Wisconsin–Madison . www.wida.us.
Focus on Differentiation Part 2. Wisconsin Center for Education Research . University of Wisconsin–Madison . www.wida.us.
WIDA English Language Proficiency Standards and Resource Guide, 2007 Edition, Pre- Kindergarten through Grade 12 (2007). Madison, WI: Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, on behalf of the WIDA Consortium—www.wida.us.