Introducing PD Bites, a professional development website to support English learners, diversity and best practices.
A Buffet of Learning - Anytime | Anywhere | 30 Minutes
(Site is currently being developed. - Check back often.)
What are PD Bites:
- PD Bites are mini professional development modules that can be completed in a variety of ways and on your own schedule.
- Information for modules will come from evidence and research-based programs, books, articles, videos, et
How to Use PD Bites:
- Teachers can complete modules at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- PLC Teams can complete modules together during PLC meetings.
- Administrators can use modules as a part of faculty meeting or school-wide professional development.
On the Menu:
- Appetizers - Appetizers are short PD minutes for quick understanding. No credit.
- Entrées - Entrées are pre-designed "learning paths" that work toward receiving USBE credit.
- À la carte - Design your own PD. Take modules in whatever order you would like to work towards USBE credit.
- Desserts -When you get to the point of getting credit, a teacher specialist will assist you in making sure all requirements have been met. To receive USBE credit, the following must be completed:
- required seat time
- a guided implementation assignment/project
- submit payment for credit.
- Potluck - This is the "Share Space" where teachers can share ideas with each other.