View options for completing your ESL Endorsement
On-Demand Professional Development
PD Bites: A Buffet of Learning - (English Learners, Culturally Responsive Teaching, Engagement, etc.)
PD Bites are mini professional development modules that can be completed in a variety of ways and on your own schedule. Topics, modules and modulesCOMING SOON are listed below.
Join us for PD Bites - On Demand Professional Development
Contact Deborah Brey if you have any questions.
You won't be able to access anything below unless or until you have a JordanPD account (see above).
Information to Get Started
Academic Language and Language Acquisition (including WIDA)
These modules build upon each other and are best completed in the sequence given.
- WIDA: Building Awareness of Your English Learners
- WIDA: Use of Language for Academic Purposes
- WIDA: Integrating Content and Language
- WIDA: Understanding the Score Reports COMING SOON
- WIDA: Overview of the Framework, Part 1
- WIDA: Overview of the Framework, Part 2
- WIDA: Differentiation for English Learners
- WIDA: Using the Framework to Differentiate Assignments and Learning Tasks COMING SOON
- WIDA: Using the Framework to Differentiate Rubrics
Diversity and Culturally Responsive Teaching
- CRT: Culturally Responsive Teaching Matters!
- CRT: Culture - Yours, Mine, and Ours
- CRT: Being Seen as an Individual - Luxury or Right?
- CRT: Got Privilege?
- CRT: Equity Literacy
- Working with Immigrant Students COMING SOON
- Working with Refugee Students COMING SOON
- Working with Migrant Students COMING SOON
- Working with Children in Poverty COMING SOON
- Engagement: What is Engagement?
- Engagement: When are students engaged?
- Pacing COMING SOON
- Engagement: Questioning to Increase Engagement
- Engagement: Make questions matter!
Interventions, Accommodations and Modifications
Including features of SIOP - To complete modules with the asterisk (❋) you will need to have a the book 99 More Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with The SIOP MODEL. You can purchase one or borrow from someone in your school, or you can request one from the Educational Support Services (ESS). ESS will give them away until they are gone.COMING SOON
Check back often as modules will continually be developed and posted. If you don't see what you need, send us an email with your suggestions. (Put "PD Suggestions" in the subject line.)