Introduction to SIOP® - A Book Study
ALS Professional Development
Training: Introduction to SIOP®
Length: 10.5 hours contact time, 4.5 hours of practical implementation
Modules: 7 (1.5 hours each)
Points: 15 Relicensure Points
- Utah Effective Teaching Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
- JPAS Indicators 15, 19, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 48, 49, 51, 52, 54, 56, 60
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Participants will gain a basic understanding of the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®).
- Participants will gain a basic understanding of social and academic language.
- Participants will design lesson plans to incorporate the features of SIOP®.
- Echevarría, J., Vogt, M., & Short, D. (n.d.). Making content comprehensible for English learners: The SIOP® model.
Outline of Modules:
- PD_SIOP_Book Study_Relicensure_CHYC (Includes links to the videos.)
Tools and Ideas:
Articles or books various lexiles and learning activities:
The Teacher Toolkit http://www.theteachertoolkit.com/