Respecting Ethnic and Cultural Heritage Training (See calendar below.)
- REACH Days 1 and 2: This training is a two-day workshop on cultural diversity for licensed personnel.
- REACH Classified: This training is a one-day workshop for any/all classified personnel.
- REACH Day 3: This training is a one-day follow-up to days 1 and 2.
- Teachers will need to attend days 1 and 2 before attending day 3.
- Additionally you will need to bring the following:
- materials from Days 1 and 2
- a "show and tell" item that represents your personal culture;
- your successes and/or difficulties with infusing REACH principles into your class;
- one example of a culturally-infused lesson plan that you have used in your class. See templates below.
- Always obtain permission from your principal or supervisor.
- Register at Jordan Professional Learning System (Search: REACH)
- ALS will cover the cost of the substitute for teachers who are on-track, and will pay inservice rate to teachers who are off-track. (Be sure to complete a time sheet at the training.)
- For questions regarding sub codes, email Toni Soeffker or call 801-567-8116.
Materials for/from REACH Training