The Sheltered Instruction Academy is a 2-day training which includes the Introduction to the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) and the Introduction to the WIDA™ English Language Development Standards.
- DATES: May 18-19, 2015 or June 18-19, 2015
- LOCATION: The May Academy will be held in the ASB Auditorium and the June Academy will be held in PDC 113.
- TIMES: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- LUNCH: On you own (approx. 11:30)
- FOLLOW-UP: There will be a follow-up day scheduled that you can come to as a team and work on your lesson plans with the knowledge gained in the workshops. This will mostly be a hands-on preparation day.
- SUB or INSERVICE: If you are on contract time, ALS will cover the cost of your substitute, if you are ooff contract time, ALS will pay you at the inservice rate for attending.
- SUB CODE: Contact Toni Soeffker
- CONTACT: If you have additional questions, contact Deborah Brey
- REGISTRATION: Register at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/SIAcademy
- PREREQUISITE MODULE: In preparation for this academy, please complete the short learning module below.
SHELTERED INSTRUCTION ACADEMY
Prerequisite Learning Module
- View the following video and complete the tasks as instructed. (If you can't view it here, you can view it at either location below.)
- This information will give you an understanding of the process for identifying English language learners and how to find which of you students will need ELD services. We will not cover this information in the training, so you will want to take the time to do this.
- You will be given a copy of the WIDA ELD Standards at the training
- In addition, go to the WIDA Download Library and download the following:
- Materials to be downloaded and used during the training: