Title VI Assessment
Please take a moment to complete this Title VI Assessment for Parents/Guardians and Students.
- Title VI Brochure (PDF)
Mentor Feeder School List
- Mentor Feeder Schools (PDF)
- Download: Title VI Student Eligibility Certification - New (PDF)
- Make sure to print out both pages, front to back.
- Locate Tribal Number
- The completed form (original) should be sent to Sheri Sample in the ALS Department.
- Scholarships and Grant Tips
- University of Utah Health Sciences LEAP application
- University of Utah General LEAP information page
- University of Utah - Scholarship Opportunity for American Indian Students
- Smiles Change Lives Application
- Step Up Utah Blog
- 27th Annual Reading Marathon
On October 7th, from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM MST, students and educators across the state will participate in the 2019 Multicultural Youth Leadership Summit, organized by the Division of Multicultural Affairs in partnership with Salt Lake Community College. This engaging and dynamic event is designed to motivate students in 7th, 8th and 9th grade to pursue higher education through multiple pathways, and become emerging leaders of Utah.
A recording of the program will be made available at https://www.uen.org/myls/ on October 7th.
- The Utah STEM Action Center is having their annual STEM Fest Family Night is on Monday, October 7th from 4:30-8:30 pm. Event will be held at the Mountain America Expo Center (formerly Southtowne Expo Center) in Sandy. Flier linked here: STEM Flier.
STEM Fest Family Night is Monday, October 7 from 4:30-8:30pm. The event is open to ALL ages, the concessions are open and the exhibitors will be offering incredible hands-on activities and some sweet swag.
We would LOVE your attendance and FURTHER…we would love your support in passing along the event information to your family and friends.
This year will be the best STEM Fest yet... here’s a sneak peek of who and what you’ll see next week:
- US Synthetic’s spaceship simulator will turn students into space explorers...with the exhibit flipping the script to also showcase what robots are capable of when it comes to fixing and building things at the bottom of Earth’s oceans
- The US Air Force will send students soaring in its slick airplane cockpit simulator
- UVU Engineering & Technology’s “Shock Factor” automotive rock crawler will test the limits when it comes to off-roading in a feat of physics
- Weber State/FIRST Robotics will rev student excitement with robots they can drive
- LEGO Education takes engineering to a new level with its LEGO Robot Challenge and maze
- Tesla will have its time-traveling DeLorean on site, and a few other crazy cool models
- Test your math skills in the Fidelity Investments ESCAPE ROOM
- Greenpower Track will greenlight electric cars’ live laps around the STEM Fest track
- IMSAR will allow students to use and interact with a working radar
- Explore new worlds with the newest cordless VR headsets
- Drive solar powered mini cars with Sparrow Electric
- Meet your local Utah Highway Patrol and explore the patrol car’s control panel
….Plus everything from Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, to a life-size LEGO installation and so many things in between!!!
- Traditional Foods Potluck Event
- 2019 Health Fair
- Save the date- University of Utah American Indian High School Conference
Navajo Language Class
- We are currently accepting applications for the Parent/Student committee. If you would like to be involved with the program please contact Sheri Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
Title VI Indian Education Public Hearing
- A public hearing was held for Title VI (Native American and Native Alaskans) on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. This hearing covered the purpose and use of the annual federal Title VI formula grant for 2019-20 school year.
- A public hearing was held for Title VI (Native American and Native Alaskans) on April 17th, 2018 at 10:00 AM. This hearing covered the purpose and use of the annual federal Title VI formula grant.
- Available for all to read: Public Hearing Power Point 04/17/2018
Title VI Indian Education Parent Committee Meeting
- A parent committee hearing was held for Title VI (Native American and Native Alaskans) on November 8th, 2018 at 5:00 PM. This hearing covered the purpose and use of the annual federal Title VI formula grant.
- Welcome to attend next meeting: Parents, students, counselors, teachers, principals, and patrons of the District.
- Parent Meeting Minutes 08/09/2016 (PDF)
- Parent Meeting Minutes 5/23/2017 (PDF)
- Parent Meeting Minutes 02/08/2018 (PDF)
- Parent Meeting Minutes 11/08/18 (PDF)
Bylaws: To be ratified
- Bylaws 2019 (PDF)
|Sheri Sample||801-567-8307||Teacher Specialist|
|Amber Mason||801-567-8317||Native American Mentor - K12|
|Jamie Williams||801-567-8126||Native American Mentor - K12|