TITLE I OVERVIEW
- Title I is a federal allocation of funds for schools classified as low income for the purpose of assisting students to demonstrate proficiency related to the state’s academic standards.
- Title I is a federally funded program under the Elementary/Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
- What are the Purposes of Title I?
- To help students to achieve proficiency on state academic standards (primarily in reading/language arts and mathematics)
- To increase student performance in high-poverty schools through schoolwide reform
- To build teacher capacity through quality professional development
- To enhance parents’ abilities to help their children succeed through quality parental involvement activities
AYP – Accountability – Programs
- Assessments for Language Arts
- Dibels (1-3), Benchmarks, and Sage
- Assessments for Math
RESOURCES & LINKS